Looking for some summer science resources for your kids? Below you’ll find how educational YouTube can be with our top seven channels and science videos for kids.
Bubble. Pop. Fizz. Check out this ultimate-list of ideas and science inspiration for kids. We’ve got resources for finding awesome at-home experiments, the best YouTube channels to follow, and more. Below you’ll find…
- 7+ Awesome YouTube Science-Focused Channels
- 10+ Blog Resources for Ongoing Science Inspiration
- 11 TED Talks to Watch with Kids
Bring on the YouTube Science: 7 Places to Find Science Videos for Kids
Why? Why? Why? When your child was a toddler, you probably heard this question ALL THE TIME. Yet as children get older, sometimes their sense of curiosity can start to wane. This collection of science YouTube channels is sure to inspire them and get them asking “Why?” all over again.
1. SciShow — Science Channel
YouTube Description: SciShow discusses science news and history and concepts. With equal parts skepticism and enthusiasm, we go a little deeper…without going off the deep end. Most of the time, anyway.
If the topics covered are too advanced for your kids, check this out instead!
(or) SciShow Kids — Educational YouTube Video for Kids
YouTube Description: SciShow Kids explores all those curious topics that make us ask “why?” Whether conducting experiments, researching new questions, or talking with experts, there’s always something new to discover with SciShow Kids, no matter what your age!
2. MinuteEarth – Science Videos for Kids
YouTube Description: Animated videos that cover science and stories about our awesome planet.
3. SciGirls – My girls’ personal favorite educational YouTube channel
YouTube Description: SciGirls is a PBS series for kids ages 8-12 that showcases bright, curious real tween girls putting science and engineering to work in their everyday lives. Each half-hour episode follows a different group of middle school girls, whose eagerness to find answers to their questions will inspire your children to explore the world around them and discover that science and technology are everywhere!
Seasons 1 & 2 of SciGirls is also available on Amazon Prime Instant Video.
4. Sick Science – Educational Videos for Kids from Steve Spangler
YouTube Description: Videos and cool science experiments from Steve Spangler.
5. National Geographic Kids – Nature-Based Educational YouTube Channel
YouTube Description: A new channel that excites and inspires kids to explore their world through fun and entertaining science and educational programming.
6. Veritasium – YouTube Science + Engineering Videos
YouTube Description: An element of truth – Science and engineering videos
7. Get Smarter Every Day – Educational YouTube Videos
Note to parents: Please preview these recommended channels before viewing them with your child. Adult supervision is recommended any time your child is on YouTube.
10+ Blog Resources for Ongoing Science Activities for Kids
I’ve always loved this Montessori quote…
We especially need imagination in science. It is not all mathematics, nor all logic, but it is sometimes beauty and poetry.
Below are 10+ wonderful websites that share science in a beautiful way.
- Lemon Lime Adventure | See Site
- TinkerLab | See Experiments
- What We Do All Day | Check Out Activities
- Babble Dabble Do | See Videos
- No Time for Flashcards | See the Site
- Hands on as We Grow | Weekly Toddler Activities
- The Artful Parent | See Experiments
- Kids Activity Blog | See the Site
- All for the Boys | See Experiments
- Science Sparks | Read Guest Post + See the Site
- Left Brain Craft Brain | See the Site
Science TED Talks For Kids
- Science is for everyone, kids included
- Underwater astonishments
- A performance of “Mathemagic”
- Hands-on science with squishy circuits
- The astounding athletic power of quadcopters
BONUS: Additional Science Resources for Kids
- Encouraging Curiosity: 10 Playful Science Experiments for Kids
- 7 Science Experiments to “Spark” Your Child’s Curiosity
- Totally Awesome Science Experiments on YouTube
- Pinspiration: Kids Science + Creative Learning
What are your favorite science resources? Let’s chat in the comments!
Love this post? Sharing it would make our week. ?
It would make our week if you took a second to share this post on your favorite social media spot. (That’s how we know we’re on the right track and should continue writing more posts like this!)
Pin it for later:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”