Thank you to our affiliate, Beryl Ayn Young (the creator of the photography eCourse Momtographie) for sharing on Let’s Lasso the Moon.
. . .
When I first started learning about photography, my goal was always to take better photos so that I’d be able to capture beautiful memories of my kids and family. It was all about them and the moments we’d share. I find this is the case with many of the moms I’ve met through my teaching journey. However, a camera can be an incredible self-care tool for you, too. During the past 4-years photography has taught me more about myself than I ever dreamed possible. Photography can make you more centered, confident, grateful, and help you appreciate your surroundings, your family, and your life.
Below are 10 ways how your photography journey can help you take care of YOU:
- It’s a way to look on the bright side as you find the light in each and every moment
- You get an instant confidence boost as you master new skills.
- It’s a way to build connections with others as you take their photos…
- …or a way to build connections with the people as passionate about this hobby as you are.
- You are constantly finding beauty in the littlest details.
- It’s a creative outlet that doesn’t make a mess, make a lot of noise, or require a ton of supplies.
- You learn how beneficial a slight shift in perspective can be.
- It gets you out and about exploring nature and the great outdoors.
- You find photo editing to be a fabulous way to relax and unwind after a long day.
- And you smile more as you discover the positive transformations a few editing tips and tricks can make on your images.
This idea of using a camera as self-care was the whole inspiration behind my online photography classes. They combine two of my loves: self-care via photography and learning photo editing techniques in a super simple and accessible way.
I’d love to introduce you to some new photo editing websites (oh, hello PicMonkey and Pixlr) and help you take care of YOU behind the lens. Click here to see when my next full class session begins.
Let’s chat in the comments, which of the ten benefits above can you relate to the most?
You want to be present for your family and capture everyday moments full of meaning. You want to create a snapshot of your life with all its beauty, mess, and realness right now without fumbling with your camera before the moment is lost. And you can. It’s not as hard as you think. Promise.
I remember what it was like to feel like I had all of the tools at my fingertips, only to produce photo recipes that always fell flat of my expectations. I was longing for photos that my family would rave about for years to come.
My good friend Beryl created Momtography™, an online class that came out of her trial and error in the photographic kitchen. She’s mentored and taught thousands of women how to love their photos and their life.
Check out some of the before & after examples from her class participants!
Meet Beryl Ayn Young
Hi I’m Beryl. Mom, photographer, and teacher who wants to help you beautifully capture the life you love. I remember how excited I was the day I brought my first DSLR. I thought I’d take my camera out of the box and it would take amazing professional quality photos. After months of trying to figure out the camera on my own I was still frustrated with images that were blurry, dark, dull and out of focus.
Now, I’ve taken my expertise in teaching and my passion for photography to develop a system that breaks down technical photography in a way that will quickly build your confidence behind the lens. My goal with Momtographie is to help as many women as possible learn to love using their DSLR cameras in manual mode and love the life they’re living too. Learn more about the course here!
Pin it for later: