Creating summer memories with kids can be inexpensive and simple. Try this fun tip!
We often think our children want grand things: expensive toys, lavish vacations and brand name clothing. We assume they want (maybe even need) bigger, better and more.
We've been having an ongoing debate at our house about taking our girls to Disney. Do you want to know what I remember most fondly about my experience in Florida? Swimming in the pool with my dad and brothers after the day at the park was done.
What kids desperately want in our modern chaotic world is the same thing you craved as a child.
Kids want their parents attention.
It is that simple, and that hard.
This week during a massive heat wave (100+) Shad awed our girls by serving them ice cream in the pool. He also spoiled me with a delicious coffee float. The ladies and I had a wonderfully simple moment of shared joy as we enjoyed our treats.
5 Steps to Creating a Memorable Pool Moment:
- Keep ice cream or homemade yogurt pops on hand for hot days
- On a scorcher of an afternoon suggest the kids fill the pool
- Yell out "Who wants ice cream IN THE POOL?!?"
- Shock your kids by quickly throwing on your suit and hopping in too
- Cool off and enjoy the moment
PS: I forgot how cold hose water is, talk about refreshing!