Want to learn how to bake bacon in the oven so it turns out perfectly every time? You’re in the right place! Watch the video tutorial below and get step-by-step instructions for this no-fail approach to baking bacon.
I am a bacon snob. When I first discovered the concept of baking bacon, I was intrigued. It wasn’t until I found this specific approach to cooking bacon in the oven that I was convinced baking bacon is THE BEST way to make it every time.
Why are people cooking bacon in the oven instead of frying it?
There are three primary reasons why cooking bacon in the oven is so popular.
- The bacon is evenly browned — Making it perfectly crisp.
- You’ll end up with nice flat bacon strips — Making it wonderful for sandwiches.
- The process is hands-free — So you are able to focus on your family or another breakfast recipe once the bacon is in the oven!
What supplies do I need for cooking bacon in the oven?
If you bake regularly, you likely have all the supplies you need for making bacon in the oven already in your kitchen. You will need the following tools for oven-baked bacon:
And of course — BACON!
Why is this particular approach to oven-baked bacon THE BEST?
I’ve been experimenting with how to make bacon in the oven for quite some time. When I saw this video tutorial (below) I immediately realized the brilliance of “the second cookie sheet.” This simple kitchen hack helps ensure perfect, browned, crips bacon every time.
How to Make Bacon in the Oven Video Tutorial
Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to bake bacon in the oven. Scroll down for printable instructions for baking bacon!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and add a baking rack.
- Lay bacon in a single layer, cover with parchment paper, then place another baking sheet on top.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
Tips from Knorr.
Great Gifts for Bacon Lovers
Our family is big on giving intentional gifts. Have you got a bacon lover in your family too? Check out some of these great t-shirts over at Amazon:
- Will hunt for bacon.
- My favorite essential oil is bacon grease.
- Happy people live longer. Bacon makes people happy. Therefore bacon makes you live longer.
- Snaccident — When you eat all the bacon on accident.
- Bacon — The main reason you’re not a vegetarian.
Hope you enjoy the baked bacon, my friend!
Love this baking bacon post? Sharing it would make our week.
It would make our week if you took a second to share this recipe on your favorite social media spot. (That’s how we know we’re on the right track and should continue writing more posts like this!)
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”