Keep these protein-rich sandwiches on hand and you’ll never skip breakfast again: Make-ahead breakfast sandwiches you can eat with one hand when you’re running late. A big thanks to AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites for sponsoring today’s post.
I admit it, I skip breakfast more often than I should. It feels like no matter how early I get up, I’m always one step behind. Does this happen to you too?
Despite good intentions, I also often find myself bored with quick-cold breakfast options and time-crunched for more elaborate hot alternatives. Enter homemade, freezer-friendly, customizable breakfast sandwiches. When a friend first introduced the idea, I had my doubts … Then my family tried a batch. The rest is history.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
Time is no longer an excuse for skipping the most important meal of the day. You simply batch cook when you have time and then enjoy these high-protein, 20-second breakfast sandwiches when you’re in a hurry.
The assembly line process for prepping these breakfast sandwiches is insanely easy. If you have kids, it is the perfect excuse to get them in the kitchen.
Here’s the process in a nutshell. It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Bake perfect sandwich-sized egg whites using ramekins.
Heads-up—I like using AllWhites when making this recipe because these 100% real liquid egg whites are so easy to pour from a spout into the baking ramekins. They are also fat-free, cholesterol-free, and a low-calorie source of lean protein. In other words—ideal for providing you (and your family!) the energy they need to start the day off right.
These are some pretty awesome perks:
- Rich in protein
- No cholesterol
- No fat
- Half the calories of traditional whole eggs
Can you see why I use ’em?
There’s one last thing I want to mention…
AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites are pasteurized for safety. This means you can let your kids use them when cooking and if they drip any, there’s no fear of “contaminating your kitchen.” As you’ve read in other posts, I’m a bit of a Kitchen Freak when it comes to handling raw eggs or raw meat. I’m always nervous a simple misstep will bring my family down with a food-borne illness. So I LOVED learning that it’s safer for kids to cook breakfast with AllWhites than with traditional whole eggs.
You might also like: Why Kids Should Be Helping in the Kitchen
2. Create a breakfast sandwich assembly line.
Store them in a freezer-safe bag.
3. Re-heat and enjoy with your favorite breakfast sandwich toppers.
The sandwiches can be customized with ham, pre-cooked sausage or bacon (microwave separately as instructed) or even avocado. I personally like to add chopped spinach on my sandwich. Enjoy different toppers on each breakfast sandwich or eat them straight up. There are no rules!
Here’s the printable recipe…
- AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 English Muffins
- 6 Slices of Sharp Cheddar (or the cheese of your choice)
- Nonstick spray
- OPTIONAL: Fresh Chopped Spinach
- Pre-heat the over to 375 degrees. Spray six 10-ounce ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add 3 tablespoons of AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites in each ramekin. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake until egg whites are cooked through, between 12-14 minutes.
- Split the English Muffins and add a slice of Sharp Cheddar cheese. Top with cooled egg white and another muffin to create a sandwich. Repeat this process to make six breakfast sandwiches.
- Wrap the breakfast sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap and store in freezer-safe bag.
- To reheat, remove the plastic wrap from the frozen breakfast sandwich. Wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 20-60 seconds, or until heated through completely. Enjoy immediately.
EXTRA CRISP ALTERNATIVE: If you prefer a bit of crunch to your breakfast sandwich, remove the top of the English Muffin and toast it. Microwave remainder of sandwich for 20-60 seconds, or until heated through completely. Put together the two sections and enjoy immediately.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN: Different toppings for everyone. There are no rules! Customize your sandwich with ham, pre-cooked sausage or bacon (microwave separately as instructed) or even avocado. For example, I personally like to add chopped spinach when baking the AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites.
It’s that simple.
This easy freezer-friendly breakfast sandwich is the perfect on-the-run fast food alternative. Keep these little babies on hand in the freezer and you’ll never skip breakfast again.
You might also like this high-protein, on-the-go recipe…
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine. I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin it for later: