It started out sweet and innocent. The girls discovered that if you get your hands wet and rub them into a chalk drawings you can make hand prints.
The next time I returned I found two little blue aliens. My first instinct? To yell. Luckily, my second instinct (to laugh) took over. I got my camera and asked the girls to give you a few “crazy poses.”
I asked myself these simple questions from A Lifetime of Yes Moments:
- Will saying “yes” to this situation hurt or bother anyone? No!
- Can the child learn anything from the situation?
Yes, what a great science experiment!
- Does it really (really) matter one way or another? Nope!
Kids + (Chalk + Water) = Fun
Below are 5 more ways to play and take sidewalk chalk to the next level:
- Chalk Dress-Up Dolls :: Iowa Farmer’s Wife
- Angry Birds Inspired Water Balloon Game :: No Time for Flashcards
- Chalk Treasure Hunt :: Nurture Store
- DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint :: Kids*Stuff*World
- Printable Chalk Star Stencils (for the 4th!) :: Inner Child Fun
Happy Summer Friends!
P.S. Find more everyday kids ideas here on Pinterest.