Don’t Mind If I Do

Another cookie? Don’t mind if I do.
I cannot tell you how many wooden cookies I have eaten over the last six years. They’ve been served “fresh out of the oven,” with double frosting, and even next to real sandwiches at lunch time. Would I like another? Sure, why not.

I admit, I am just a little bit particular about the toys our girls play with {insert my mom’s laugh here}. We prefer things that are simple, wooden, educational, and fun. Our toy box and playtime is overall battery free. So this winter when my mom asked, “What should I get the girls for Christmas?” I replied:

Anything from Melissa & Doug would be perfect, but make sure you call me when you are shopping because we have a LOT of their toys already.

I am a bit smitten with Melissa & Doug toys. Ok, I am just itching to share. I have news!

I am honored to to announce that I have been asked to be a Melissa & Doug Blog Ambassador. When I shared the news with my good friend Tiffany from Peanut Blossom she said, “Every Melissa & Doug toy in my house I’ve bought because you’ve recommended it. You’ve been an ambassador for years!”

What does this mean for you? You’ll be the first ones to learn about–and win!–new products, grab seasonal deals, and see first-hand the ways in which this company supports schools, families, and communities. I cannot wait to get started.

As a Blog Ambassador, I find myself in some impressive company.
Let me introduce Valerie of Inner Child Fun, Amy of teach mama, and Stacy of kids*stuff*world (left to right).

I am so happy to have you along for this adventure. This year Melissa & Doug will be focusing on classic, creative play. It is a match made in heaven!

PS: Beyond the cookies, two of our other favorite Melissa & Doug toys include…

Our adorable & well loved yellow lab.

The furnished Melissa & Doug doll house.

My ladies are so young in these shots. Time flies when you’re having fun!

Do you have a favorite Melissa & Doug toy at your house? Let’s chat in the comments.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

2012 Blog Ambassador
Let’s Lasso the Moon is proud to be part of the 2012 Blog Ambassador program. We worked hard alongside Melissa & Doug to explore fun ways to keep children inquisitive and to promote classic creative play. Click here to read our full sponsorship disclosure.

Comments

1. Kristina says

Congrats Zina! That is exciting news. We love M&D. Our favorites are any of the wooden vehicles and I love the little road signs you can buy too!

• Anonymous says

The other day the girls and I went on a little outing to the park, for dinner and then ice cream. We’ve finally been hit some nice days up north! The city we were in had a lot of murals. This was one of my favorites: http://instagr.am/p/ILYs8AP6at/

We ended up walking down Main Street even though all the stores were closed. This somehow ended up being the best part of the day. It was so relaxing. There was one book store open and it carried Melissa & Doug toys. They had an awesome wood “build it yourself” race car set. It was really cool. :-)

2. says

It’s so hard to choose! I would have to leave it up to my son who had used the wooden unit blocks, and cardboard blocks the most out of all the Melissa and Doug toys he has, classic and open-ended :)

• Anonymous says

We love the wooden blocks too. We like to build towers & then knock em down. Our girls got some stuffed Angry Birds for Christmas. They like to use the cardboard blocks and then throw the stuffy at it. Way more fun than the iPhone version!

• Anonymous says

What I love is that many of their products are gender neutral. We have two girls at the house, but we have a lot of “boy themed” items. It is awesome though they don’t push or market them as just for boys. :-)

• Anonymous says

Thanks Kristina! I am excited to work with a company who I feel so passionate about. I am also happy to be taking y’all along on the journey with me. :-)

3. Cbrown says

Zina, we are so happy that you said YES! Thank you for such kind words and a wonderful article! We are thrilled to have you as one of our Blog Ambassadors! Fantastic photos too :)

4. says

Congratulations! I would love that job. Absolutely most used Melissa and Doug toy in this house is the farm floor puzzle. It has lasted for years and the kids still take it out and do it. We even have a song about it. My favorite toy in the birthday cake – great for pretend play.

5. says

Congratulations Zina! This is such exciting news. We love M and D at our place too. When it came time to buy R some blocks, I was insistent that they be from M and D. I knew I could trust the quality and that the paint would be safe and led free etc Our favorite M and D toys would have to be the farmyard jumbo knob puzzle (a sentimental fave as it was the first M and D toy we ever bought and R’s very first puzzle) and our animal and vehicle sound blocks which R still loves to play with, more than 2 years after we first gave them to him.