The holiday season is an opportunity to slow down and enjoy opening cards with your family. I take great pride in trying to make the experience equally as wonderful for friends and family on the receiving end of our annual Christmas card.
Are you looking for a unique holiday card this season? A few years ago, I stumbled across a company called Minted and I've been using them ever since. Have you heard of the site? They offer customizable designs that have a classic feel.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so before I ramble too much, take a quick peek at some of my favorite photo collage designs from this year.
Holiday Photo Cards
Aren't these just lovely? The two Christmas tree designs are my favorites!
Now, here are the five reasons I adore Minted (beyond the designs they offer):
- They offer a "buy now, upload later" option so you can take advantage of their discount offers. Check if there is a sale going on now. If not, hold out until something good comes along.
- Minted will address your envelopes for FREE in a handwritten font. This saves so much time! Check out the details.
- They have a handy refer-a-friend program. You score credit for referring friends and family. You earn a $25 credit every time that someone without an existing account spends $100 [full details]. If you are going to order cards through them, be sure to take advantage of this discount option!
- They offer donation requests for communities. You can request a discount for non-profit events. *Very cool.
- Ummmmm. I'd like to say that I am tech savvy, but I always seem to fumble with holidays cards and photo uploads. Last year, I couldn't seem to get my photo to upload correctly. Minted offers live chat help and tech support, which is handy when you're feeling frustrated. My computer was doing something funky with the file type and they were able to walk me through it. It was nice to resolve the issue straight away.
As a creative junkie, I also love their company mission:
We believe that great design lives and thrives in the hands of indie designers that people may not have access to through traditional retailers. Our goal is to use technology to allow our community to discover the work of great designers from all over the world.
Shall we look at a few more designs? Just for fun?
I love how collage design can help tell about your past year through multiple photos, but sometimes a strong single image is even more powerful.
Single Image Holiday Photo Cards
How sweet are these designs?
See More Single-Photo Holiday Cards
This year, to save time, I admit ... I've been contemplating sending a photo-free card. I've been loitering in that section. I like that you can still customize the holiday cards, even if you aren't including a photo!
Traditional Holiday Cards
These vintage styles made me smile.
See More Traditional Holiday Cards
While you're on the Minted site, be sure to check out their foil pressed holiday cards. They are all classically elegant.
Hope you find something that is a perfect match for *your* family.
PS: If you're feeling a bit rushed about missing the mark, check out these holiday card designs.
I sent a New Years card out for the first time last year. I wasn't sure how'd I'd feel about it at first, but it ended up being wonderful. It gave me an opportunity to sit down over Christmas break and take the time to write a personal note in each card vs try to rush through.
New Years Eve Cards
There are a lot of playful designs to ring in the New Year.
See New Years Cards
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.I started my relationship with Minted with an independent order of cards. However, I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
PS: Looking for additional inspiration? I am proud to be sharing holiday card ideas with the blogs Peanut Blossom, The Artful Parent and Simple As That this month. Click below to see some of their photography tips and creative ideas!