Love at first bite. If you're a grilled cheese fanatic, you've got to try this Inside-Out Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe. The secret ingredient? Cheese, of course.
I'm going to be blunt, you're making grilled cheese sandwiches all wrong and you need to stop. Once you've gone Inside-Out, you'll never go back to a standard grilled cheese sandwich again. I promise--It'll be love at first bite.
At our house we focus on collection moments, not things. So for my birthday, my daughter made me lunch all by herself. She knows I love grilled cheese, so that was the main course, but she wanted to make it "unique" for the special occasion. After a bit of research on Pinterest and YouTube, she discovered the Inside-Out Method for making grilled cheese sandwiches. I admit, I was hesitant to try it. After all, why mess with perfection?
I took a bite and was in heaven. It has been two years since that first Inside-Out Grilled Cheese Sandwich; I haven't eaten a traditional grilled cheese sandwich since. Over time our family has perfected the process. The secret ingredient? Cheese, of course.
A crisp, golden-brown layer of finely shredded Sharp Cheddar on the outside of the Inside-Out Grilled Cheese sandwich that perfect crunch and flavor. This sandwich must be eaten with one of three things: (1) Pink Lady Apples--the combo is so delicious, (2) homemade chili--preferably on a cool fall afternoon, or (3) Tomato Soup--classic.
- 2 slices of Texas Toast white bread bread
- 1 slice of Crystal Farms® American Deluxe Cheese
- Crystal Farms® Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Pre-heat oven pan or griddle while collecting and prepping sandwich components.
- Butter one side of each piece of Texas toast.
- When griddle is hot, place a slice of the bread in the pan butter side down. Top with the cheese slice and second piece of bread (with the buttered side facing up). Cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle finely shredded Sharp Cheddar over golden-brown sandwich.
- Once the bottom of the sandwich is golden brown, flip cheese side of sandwich to griddle. Cook until cheese is seared a nice deep brown.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on second side and flip. Cook until cheese is seared a nice deep brown, then ENJOY.
Here are a few more grilled cheese secrets you need to know:
- Butter is always better when it comes to grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Big & fat Texas Toast makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches EVER.
- The pan or griddle must be sizzling hot to get a nice, crispy, golden-brown sandwich.
If you try the recipe, leave us a comment below or share a photo with us on Facebook.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is NOT a “sponsored post.” However, I am a huge fan of Crystal Farms and they are one of my favorite blog sponsors. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”