Grab your rulers, markers, and imagination. This week consider making a timeline with your child. It is a fun way to make time more visual. Some fun timeline suggestions include creating: a timeline of your child’s daily schedule for 24 hours, a timeline of a movie, or a timeline of your child’s life.
We opted to do timelines of the girls’ lives. How have we gone about it so far?
- Find some plain legal length paper, tape pieces together horizontally.
- Using a ruler (or not!) and draw a long line the length of the paper.
- Every 12 inches mark a tally to represent a year, label the date.
- Start again, for every inch mark a tally for a month, label the month.
- Or course, this entire time decorate, decorate, decorate!
Our next big step will be to add photos. This has already proven to be a fun adventure. We’ve started to look through our iPhoto library. Our goal is to have three photos from each year to represent grand, or everyday moments, in their lives.
This weekend my husband and I did a bedroom closet version of the 100 Thing Challenge. I came across my daughters’ baptism gowns in the deep dark depths of my closet. I felt compelled to take a shot (above right) for my Project 366. I look forward to talking about that special day with them again, it has been a while. Going through the photo albums and searching for something to include in their timeline will allow me that opportunity.