If the ticking of the clock (or the ping of your phone) has been guiding you and your family for far too long, it's time to escape. Here's the answer to connecting with your kids and finding UnBusy moments within the chaos.
Tic-Toc goes the digital clock on your phone. All day long, day and night. Our bodies and minds are programmed to wake up at the same time, get tired at a certain time and know when the time has come to move on to another commitment.
When's the last time you went "off the clock?" or "off the grid?"
When have you truly slowed down and spent the day with your family on your own schedule?
To some, it's almost maddening to think about getting off schedule, but to others? It's absolutely the re-programming that their family needs.
Nature can heal the mind, body, and soul. There is something to be said about stepping outside your every day and just getting away from it all.
No city noise or stress... just pure golden silence.
When's the last time you had silence?
The silence of nature honestly speaks louder than any words.
From the moment that my family and I enter our happy place in nature, everything seems to change. And in a GREAT way.
We slow down, we laugh more, and we have time to just "be" together — 100% family bonding without any type of distractions.
And honestly, when we are outdoors together, it doesn't seem to matter what we are doing. Talking a walk, bird-watching or digging in the dirt pulling up some weeds in the garden...everything becomes exciting and an adventure.
5 Reasons Nature Is The Best Place To Escape "Busy" And Connect With Your Kids
Nature has a way of bringing families together. The birds chirping, the cool breeze blowing across your face and the beautiful greenery of the Earth growing in every direction all around have a magical way of fostering a great bonding environment for your family. Instead of saying "no" to outdoor time, say "yes." There are so many benefits to getting outside together as a family!
- It's a safe place for your entire family. Stepping outdoors can feel that a sanctuary that your whole family belongs to.
- Nature promotes a way for you and your family to exercise your body and mind. Every time that you are in nature, you are learning something new and also exercising your body. Nature is indeed a powerhouse when it comes to caring for the health of you and your family!
- The beauty of nature sparks beautiful conversations. Sunsets, vibrant flowers, animal sightings...all those events create topics of conversation to have with your family.
- When in nature, time seems to slow down and stand still. Being in nature means that the clock doesn't matter. If you and your family want to spend the day exploring every nook and cranny in your backyard, at the neighborhood park or a campground 150 miles away, go with that feeling and need!
- Getting back to nature is the key to re-programming our families. No matter what you're in the mood for, nature always has a plan and activity waiting.
Enjoy the outdoor adventure, friend.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin it for later: