This Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail is perfect for the transition of seasons. Whether you’re celebrating the start of fall, having Thanksgiving cocktails with family, or giving a Christmas toast, this is a fantastic spiked cider drink.
Easy Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail
If you’ve never tried a spiked cider drink, I’ll tell you something — the strong spice and fruitiness of the cider, the warmth of the bourbon, the sweetness of the maple syrup — it is the perfect way to celebrate season transitions. Whether you’re pouring yourself a drink to cheer the five o’clock autumn sunset or if you’re celebrating the holidays with family, this Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail will bring a smile to your face.
Be sure to check out ten more amazing spiked apple cider cocktails at the end of the post too!
What’s in an Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail?
- Fresh apple cider
- Whiskey or bourbon
- Real maple syrup — no artificial substitutes
- Orange slice
- Optional: apple slice or cinnamon stick for garnish
What’s the difference between bourbon and whiskey?
Interestingly enough, the difference is based on federal laws. For a whiskey to legally call itself bourbon, it’s mash must be more than half corn, it must be distilled at 160 proof or less, and it must be aged in charred oak barrels.
Is Jack Daniel’s bourbon?
Their website clarifies, Jack Daniel’s is not a bourbon – it’s a Tennessee Whiskey. Jack Daniel’s is dripped slowly – drop-by-drop – through ten feet of firmly packed charcoal (made from hard sugar maple) before going into new charred oak barrels for maturing. You can tell there are MANY similarities in process, but officially… no, it is not bourbon.
Perhaps, the most important question of all:
Can you use bourbon for this Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail?
As sure as the Brooklyn Bridge still stands, the answer is yes, you can. There are additional differences between whiskey and bourbon, but the above info should cover you if someone “calls you” on the fact that you’ve used the Jack Daniel’s in your liquor cabinet for a “Bourbon” cider drink or vice versa.
What kind of whiskey should I use for this spiked cider recipe?
Any mid-range whiskey will work for this recipe. I had Jack Daniel’s Gentlemen Jack on hand after making these to-die-for BBQ sauce for slow cooker grilled ribs over the summer.
BOURBON BBQ RIBS RECIPE:
I loved Gentlemen Jack in the drink, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand, or even substitute with your favorite bourbon.
How to make this easy apple cider drink recipe?
This simple recipe can be made in a matter of minutes. If you’re randomly in the mood for a fall bourbon cocktail or if you’re in the midst of prepping for the holiday gathering, you can whip this together quickly.
To make this Apple Cider Whiskey recipe fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the cider, whiskey, and maple syrup. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass, then top it with an orange slice. If you’re feeling festive, add an apple slice or cinnamon stick.
Can I make this cider and whiskey drink in advance?
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance, but if you plan to store it in the fridge, remove the ice cubes to ensure you don’t dilute the drink!
Like this apple cider drink recipe? Pin it…
Are you excited to make this Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail? Don’t lose the recipe, pin it along with the other ten spiked cider drinks below!
Print the Recipe: Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail
Here’s a printable copy of the drink recipe for you!
- 6 ounces of fresh apple cider
- 2 ounces of bourbon whiskey
- 1T of maple syrup
- Optional: apple slice and cinnamon stick for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add fresh cider, whiskey, and real maple syrup. Shake for 30 seconds and strain into a cocktail glass. Top with a slice of orange.
- If you're feeling festive, garnish with a slice of apple or orange and a cinnamon stick.
Cheers to you, my friend.
P.S. Looking for more fun ways to play with fresh apple cider when making Thanksgiving drinks? Here are ten more fun fall cocktails for you to try.
Favorite Thanksgiving Drinks: 10 More Apple Cider Cocktails For You!
- Apple Cider Old Fashion — twist on a super club favorite
- Hot Apple Cider Buttered Rum — guaranteed to warm you up
- Old World Toddy — there’s no better way to welcome chillier weather
- Apple Cider Mojitos — a fall spin on a classic cocktail
- Mulled Wine and Cider — a holiday must
- Apple Cider Margaritas — you need these in your life
- Apple Cider Mimosas — perfect for brunch
- Bourbon Apple Cider With Gingerbeer — the ideal fall libation
- Honey Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail — a touch of sweetness
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria — a yummy adult bev
Want to save this list of Thanksgiving cocktails? Pin it…
Don’t lose this list of delicious apple cider drink recipes. Pin it for the holiday!