Chicken breasts, ranch dressing, Italian dressing, and garlic are combined to make a delicious and easy dinner recipe. This Grilled Garlic Ranch Chicken is the perfect solution for a busy-weeknight dinner. A big thanks to Hidden Valley for sponsoring today’s post.
. . .
Save Yourself TIME — Double This Garlic Ranch Chicken Recipe Tonight
Slowing down to enjoy family dinners together is important to me. Finding time to commit to making home-cooked meals can be a challenge.
Below are two ways you can save time in the kitchen using this Grilled Garlic Ranch Chicken recipe.
You’ve actually got the energy to make dinner tonight, you’ve got all the ingredients set out, and you’re ready to get started.
Now take a moment to pause and think forward: Does your schedule tomorrow look swamped? Or does next week already feel overwhelming? Eek!
Help your future (time-starved) self out now — double this recipe every single time you make it. This allows you to do either…
(A) RESERVE LEFTOVERS
Double the recipe below, grill a larger batch of chicken, and reserve 3–4 grilled breasts for another, different meal later in the week. What’s so wonderful about this Grilled Garlic Ranch Chicken is that it’s so versatile. Use the pre-cooked chicken for:
- Serving with pasta and Alfredo sauce
- Making quesadillas, tacos, or extreme nachos
- Serving over a bed of fresh rice
- Making a home-cooked chicken pot pie
- Creating a quick casserole
- Making easy lunch wraps
(B) FREEZE FOR A BUSY DAY
Another option is to double the Grilled Garlic Ranch Chicken recipe and freeze the grilled ranch chicken in a freezer-safe plastic bag for a weekday meal in the future. Add the ingredients, press the air out of the bag, and pop it in your freezer. When you hit a crazy-busy week, simply defrost and throw the chicken on the grill. Done! This simple chicken marinade is the best.
Doubling this chicken marinade couldn’t be simpler, as this is a quick dish to throw together. It includes only FOUR ingredients and requires a mere 5–10 minutes of prep time.
Why wouldn’t you double it when meal-prep is this easy?
Steps for this EASY Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
So grab your ingredients and let’s get started…
The first step for this Grilled Garlic Ranch Chicken recipe is to place the breasts into a gallon-sized freezer bag, remove any extra air, and seal tightly. Pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet until you’ve reached a uniform thickness.
This is an important step because it increases the surface area for this delicious grilled chicken marinade and it will allow the meat to cook evenly.
Next add 1 cup of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, 1 cup of Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, and 1 teaspoon of garlic to the freezer bag. Add a dash of salt and pepper for good measure.
Seal the bag, massage to mix ingredients, and marinate the chicken breasts in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours for the chicken marinade flavors to peak.
How to Properly Grill This Garlic Ranch Chicken Recipe
Preheat your grill on high. Place the chicken on the hottest part of your grill, and don’t touch it for 4 minutes. Then, using tongs, rotate the chicken 45 degrees and grill for an additional 2–3 minutes. The goal is to create some impressive grill marks. Presentation is half the battle with my family!
Flip the chicken over and continue to grill for an additional 4–6 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. Cook to 160° and remove the ranch chicken from the grill. Let the meat sit for an additional 5 minutes to ensure the juices set, and the meat temperature rises to 165°.
I love the 5-minute waiting period… The kids can smell the freshly grilled ranch chicken, and the forced wait inevitably leads to comments like, “Is it time for dinner YET?” and “When can we eat? It smells soooo good.”
Grilled Garlic Ranch Chicken — Printable
Here’s a printable copy of the Garlic Ranch Grilled Chicken recipe for you!
- Place your chicken into a freezer bag, remove any extra air, and seal tightly. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet (or an empty wine bottle refilled with water) until you’ve reached a uniform thickness.
- Add 1 cup of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, 1 cup of Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, and 1 teaspoon of garlic to the freezer bag. Plus, a dash of salt and pepper for good measure.
- Seal the bag, massage the chicken to mix ingredients, and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours for the flavors to peak.
- Preheat your grill on high. Place the chicken on the hottest part of your grill, and don’t touch it for 4 minutes. Then, using tongs, rotate the chicken 45 degrees and grill for an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and continue to grill for an additional 4–6 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. Cook to 160° and remove the chicken from the grill.
- Let the meat sit for an additional 5 minutes to ensure the juices set and the meat temperature rises to 165°. Enjoy!
Happy grilling, friends!
For additional recipe inspiration, be sure to check out my Creative Family Kitchen board over on Pinterest!
Pin it for later:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”