Ranch dressing, Italian dressing, and garlic are combined to make a delicious and easy chicken breast marinade. This Grilled Ranch Garlic Chicken is the perfect solution for a busy-weeknight dinner. A big thanks to Hidden Valley for sponsoring today’s post.
. . .
How To Save Yourself Time With This Easy Chicken Breast Marinade — Why Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes are THE BEST for Busy Families
Slowing down to enjoy family dinners together is important to me. Finding time to commit to making home-cooked meals can be a challenge.
Below are two ways you can save time in the kitchen using this Grilled Ranch Garlic Chicken recipe.
You’ve actually got the energy to make dinner tonight, you’ve got all the ingredients set out, and you’re ready to get started.
Now take a moment to pause and think forward:
Does your schedule tomorrow look swamped? Or does next week already feel overwhelming? Eek!
Help your future (time-starved) self out now — double this recipe every single time you make it. This allows you to do either…
1. Reserve One or More of the Grilled Chicken Breast For Leftovers
Double the recipe below, grill a larger batch of chicken, and reserve 3–4 grilled breasts for another, different meal later in the week. What’s so wonderful about this Grilled Ranch Garlic Chicken is that it’s so versatile. Use the pre-cooked chicken for:
- Serving with pasta and Alfredo sauce
- Making quesadillas, tacos, or extreme nachos
- Serving over a bed of fresh rice
- Making a home-cooked chicken pot pie
- Creating a quick casserole
- Making easy lunch wraps
2. Double This Chicken Breast Marinade Tonight + Put This Ranch Garlic Chicken In The Freezer For Another Day!
Another option is to double the Grilled Ranch Garlic Chicken recipe and freeze the grilled ranch chicken in a freezer-safe plastic bag for a weekday meal in the future. Add the ingredients, press the air out of the bag, and pop it in your freezer. When you hit a crazy-busy week, simply defrost and throw the chicken on the grill. Done! This simple chicken breast marinade is the best.
Doubling this chicken breast marinade couldn’t be simpler, as this is a quick dish to throw together. It includes only FOUR ingredients and requires a mere 5–10 minutes of prep time.
Why wouldn’t you double it when meal-prep is this easy?
Steps for this EASY Garlic, Ranch, and Italian Chicken Marinade
Let’s grab your ingredients and let’s get started…
The first step for this Grilled Ranch Garlic Chicken recipe is to place the breasts into a gallon-sized freezer bag, remove any extra air, and seal tightly. Pound the chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet until you’ve reached a uniform thickness.
This is an important step because it increases the surface area for this delicious chicken breast marinade and it will allow the chicken breasts to cook evenly.
Next add Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, and garlic to the freezer bag. Add a dash of salt and pepper for good measure. Seal the bag, massage to mix ingredients, and marinate the chicken breasts!
This is our favorite chicken and dressing recipe of all time! We’ve done the Italian Dressing recipe and the plain Ranch Chicken recipe, but this easy grilled chicken marinade where you combine the two dressings with a traditional garlic marinade is THE BEST. When you combine these chicken recipes, you get the ultimate chicken breast marinade.
How long to marinate chicken for the best flavor?
We recommend you marinate the chicken breasts in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours for the chicken breast marinade flavors to peak. That being said, I’ve also marinaded for 15-minutes and the this Hidden Valley Ranch Chicken is still delicious.
If you get busy and cannot make the grilled chicken breasts tonight, you might be wondering how long can you marinade chicken safely in the refridgerator? According to the USDA, raw marinaded chicken can be stored saftely in the fridge for up to two days.
If you think you’re going to go over that 48-hour deadline, pop the marinading chicken in the freezer and store it for another day!
How to Grill Chicken Properly To Ensure ALL Of Your Grilled Chicken Recipes Turn our PERFECTLY
Preheat your grill on high.
Place the chicken breasts on the hottest part of your grill, and don’t touch it for 4 minutes. Then, using tongs, rotate the chicken 45 degrees and grill the chicken for an additional 2–3 minutes.
The goal is to create some impressive grill marks. Presentation is half the battle with my family!
Flip the chicken breasts over and continue to grill for an additional 4–6 minutes.
Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. Cook to 160° and remove the ranch chicken from the grill.
Let the meat sit for an additional 5 minutes to ensure the juices set, and the meat temperature rises to 165°.
I love the 5-minute waiting period… The kids can smell the freshly grilled chicken breast, and the forced wait inevitably leads to comments like, “Is it time for dinner YET?” and “When can we eat? It smells soooo good.”
Grilled Chicken Recipes — Your Easy Chicken Marinade Printable!
This might be one of the easiest Hidden Valley Ranch Recipes — Again, you’re simply comibing an Italian dressing chicken marinade with a traditional Ranch recipe and a garlic marinade for the best grilled chicken recipe.
After making it once or twice, you won’t need a printable copy. BUT if today is your first time making this chicken marinade, here’s a printable copy of the Garlic Ranch Grilled Chicken recipe for you!
- 3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup [url href=”https://www.hiddenvalley.com/products/bottled-dressings/original-ranch/original-ranch/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Hidden Valley® Original Ranch[/url]
- 1 cup of [url href=”https://www.hiddenvalley.com/products/bottled-dressings/italians-and-vinaigrettes/italian-with-herbs-dressing/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing[/url]
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- Place your chicken into a freezer bag, remove any extra air, and seal tightly. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet (or an empty wine bottle refilled with water) until you’ve reached a uniform thickness.
- Add 1 cup of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, 1 cup of Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, and 1 teaspoon of garlic to the freezer bag. Plus, a dash of salt and pepper for good measure.
- Seal the bag, massage the chicken to mix ingredients, and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours for the flavors to peak.
- Preheat your grill on high. Place the chicken on the hottest part of your grill, and don’t touch it for 4 minutes. Then, using tongs, rotate the chicken 45 degrees and grill for an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and continue to grill for an additional 4–6 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. Cook to 160° and remove the chicken from the grill.
- Let the meat sit for an additional 5 minutes to ensure the juices set and the meat temperature rises to 165°. [i]Enjoy![/i]
Happy grilling, friends!
P.S. For additional recipe inspiration, be sure to check out my Creative Family Kitchen board over on Pinterest!
Love this chicken breast marinade? Sharing this garlic chicken would make our week. ?
It would make our week if you took a second to share this chicken breast marinade on your favorite social media spot. (That’s how we know we’re on the right track and should continue writing more posts like this!)
Don’t want to lose track of this easy chicken marinade? Pin it for later:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”