Thirty days of mason jar salad recipes — NO REPEATS. Create a lunch plan with these 30 healthy salad in a jar recipes.
I struggle with eating a healthy lunch. I have been buying pre-made salads from the grocery store, but I’d much rather make my own. The environmentalist in me hates wasting the plastic, even if it is recycled, and the foodie in me dislikes knowing the ingredients aren’t uber fresh. So, I am going to try making my own salad in a jar.
Below you’ll find 30 unique mason jar salad recipes to keep things “fresh.”
Mason Jar Salad — Getting Started!
There are five simple steps to follow with putting together a salad in a jar.
- Start with a clean mason jar. I ordered a $10 12-pack of Ball Pint Jars on Amazon Prime this week to get started.
- You want to layer your ingredients. Start with the dressing and other wet items, such as tomatoes and cucumbers, on the bottom.
- Next, add moisture-resistant veggies, like carrots for example, on top of that.
- Last of all, top with the protein of your choice and any “dry ingredients” such as greens, pasta, and any crunchies.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Then, shake, shake, shake and ENJOY.
SALAD IN A JAR 101
Loved this visual explanation of how to put together a mason jar salad from Farmer’s Fridge.
Image Credit: Farmer’s Fridge
30 MASON JAR SALAD RECIPES
Let’s start with four salad in a jar recipe suggestions from Farmer’s Fridge:
Antioxidant Salad in a Jar: Start with white balsamic vinaigrette. Layer in mixed berries, sprouts, carrots, almonds, goat cheese, flax seeds, and mixed greens.
Mediterranean Salad in a Jar: Start with balsamic vinaigrette. Add in artichokes, black olives, tomatoes white cannellini beans, cucumbers, Parmesan, pine nuts, oregano, and mixed greens.
High Protein Salad in a Jar: Begin with the lemon-based dressing of your choice. Next throw in chickpeas, broccoli, cooked quinoa, corn, peas, currants or figs, pumpkin seeds, shredded Parmesan and spinach.
Detox Salad in a Jar: Start with the lemon-based dressing of your choice. Layer in pineapple, blueberries, cooked quinoa, fennel, sprouts, and kale. *I am going to skip the cannellini beans they recommend!
Recipe & Image Credit: Farmer’s Fridge
More Mason Jar Salads — 25+ Salad in a Jar Combinations
Here are a few additional salad in a jar recipes I am going to try this month:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry-Lime Vinaigrette
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Mexican Chickpea Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing
- Bell Peppers, Veggies, and Goat Cheese
- Sunshine Salad with Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette
- Fresh Mozzarella and Spinach
- Buffalo Chicken
- Healthy Taco Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Chopped Taco
- Pomegranate and Pear Salad
- Glowing Green Mason Jar Salad
- Greek Chicken Mason Jar Salad
- Spring Pea with Romaine, Radish, and Feta with Buttermilk Ranch
- Zucchini Pasta Salad with Avocado Spinach Dressing
- Quinoa Salad in A Jar (4 recipes)
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Salad in a Jar
- Tortellini and Artichoke
- Chopped Black Bean and Corn
- Ranch Rotini Salad
- Taco Salad in a Jar
- Tofu Living Salad with Sesame-Lemon Dressing
- Mozzarella Tomato Pasta
- 5 Mason Jar Lunches
- Spinach Blueberry Salad
- Chopped Cobb
- 3 Mason Jar Salad Recipes
Perfect for Salad in a Jar — Check out this JAR WITH a BUILT-IN DRESSING CONTAINER!
When I started, I order the $10 12-pack of Ball Pint Jars on Amazon Prime. However, I recently came across these brilliant Mason Salad Jars. They have a built-in dressing container. How cool is that? I also love all the different colors available. The jars have a 4.5 out of 5 stars rating and great reviews over on Amazon, click here to read a few. These are:
- Leak-proof lid includes built-in 4oz dressing container
- Made with Eastman Tritan(TM)
- Durable and lightweight
- Dishwasher safe
MASON JAR SALAD RECIPE LIBRARY INSPIRATION
Check out Mason Jar Salads and More: 50 Layered Lunches to Grab and Go at your local library or see the book preview here on Amazon. The book is full of gorgeous full-color photos and tasty recipes, including:
- Pomegranate and pear salad in a jar
- Pesto tortellini with cherry tomatoes
- Crunchy Asian salad
- Spinach, blueberry and blue cheese salad
- Curried chicken salad in a jar
- Kale and avocado salad
- Overnight oatmeal with fruit
- Green bean and feta salad
Do you have a favorite mason jar recipe? I’d love to hear about it. Let’s chat in the comments.
PS: If you live in the Chicago area, be sure to check out Farmer’s Fridge. Too cool.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”