We’ve got you covered. This list of over 30 tasty brunch recipes will ensure your next family get-together is a success. A big THANK YOU to Crystal Farms® for sponsoring today’s collection of brunch recipes and the generous giveaway at the end of the post.
When you were a kid, there was something magical about brunch… Mixing sweet breakfast treats with savory lunch staples all on the same plate was living on the WILD side.
Even today, the variety and slower pace of brunch make the meal a personal favorite. There are just so many delicious recipes to mix and match.
Whether you’re enjoying brunch on a random weekend or on a special holiday, it’s an excellent opportunity to slow down and connect with your family. A word of caution though, my friend: Don’t get stuck in the kitchen by yourself. There are two ways to ensure this doesn’t happen:
- Plan your brunch using make-ahead recipes.
- Get your family involved in the baking.
Skip the day-of hustle-and-bustle by using recipes that you can pre-make. Below, you’ll find a collection of family-friendly brunch recipes that you can make the day before so you can enjoy hassle-free family time together during brunch.
At our house, I like to do a mix of pre-made brunch recipes and day-of dishes. Doing both gives our family the opportunity to collaborate, goof around in the kitchen, and taste-test throughout the morning.
One of our favorite brunch recipes—Ham-&-Cheese Crescent Puffs—is particularly delicious when enjoyed right out of the oven. The recipe uses store-bought crescent rolls, deli ham, and cheese (LOTS and LOTS of yummy cheese).
The simplicity of this recipe makes it easy for kids to be involved in creating the savory brunch treats. The basic instructions are easy:
Pinch crescent dough triangles together to make rectangles, fill with deliciousness, fold the edges, and bake (see full recipe below).
As we prepare these, my girls love the POP of the crescent package as it EXPLODES open and, of course, they love “sampling” the shredded Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese.
On special occasions, I like to kick the recipe up a notch with a delicious mustard glaze. The glaze ingredients include everything you’d imagine:
Spicy brown mustard, a bit of onion powder, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and some sweet brown sugar mixed with butter. The combination is heavenly.
Now, I admit… In general, my family (including my sometimes overly picky husband) doesn’t exactly appreciate mustard. So the first time I made Glazed Ham-&-Cheese Crescent Puffs, I simply failed to mention a few of the glaze ingredients (a handy tip in case you suspect you might come up against “mustard-glaze resistance” at your house, too!).
To make the “fancier” glazed version of the crescent puffs brunch recipe, simply pour a teaspoon of the mustard glaze over the ham and baby Swiss slices, then top with the shredded cheddar (and perhaps an easy garnish of some chopped green onions for added flare).
Quick Kitchen Notes: I love using Crystal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese because of the stand-up bag. The easy-access design comes in handy, especially when little hands are helping in the kitchen. (Plus, it uses 20% less packaging.) Also, be sure to save some glaze—it makes an excellent warm dipping sauce for your puffs!
What I love about this brunch recipe is that you can make it your own by adding additional flavors to the mix. Imagine bacon crumbles, diced red peppers, chopped scallions… The sky’s the limit.
My husband and I enjoy Ham-&-Cheese Spinach Puffs. To make this variation, sprinkle fresh-chopped spinach on the puff as soon as you take it out of the oven. I love the flavor (and the dash of color).
- 2 Containers of Crescent Rolls
- ½ lb. Deli Ham, Thinly Sliced
- 8 Crystal Farms® Baby Swiss Cheese Slices
- ½ C. Crystal Farms Salted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1T Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2t Worcestershire Sauce
- 1T Brown Sugar
- ¼t Onion Powder
- 8 oz. Bag of Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1t Poppy Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray (or use parchment paper).
- Pop open crescent dough containers. Place each roll of dough on a cookie sheet. Pinch together 2 triangles at a time to form a total of 8 rectangles.
- Top crescent rectangles with 1-2 slices of ham and 1 folded slice of Crystal Farms Baby Swiss Cheese. Fold edges up and over toppings. (Tip: Pinch any gaps to ensure cheese doesn't run during baking.)
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add spicy brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, and poppy seeds. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of mustard glaze in the center of each crescent boat. Save remaining mustard glaze for dipping!
- Cover each crescent with a healthy sprinkle of Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle with additional poppy seeds.
- Bake uncovered for 16-20 minutes or until the crescents and cheese are lightly brown.
Of course, what makes all the different varieties of this brunch recipe insanely delicious is the CHEESE. There’s Crystal Farms Baby Swiss Cheese within the recipe and, of course, EXTRA Crystal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese sprinkled on top, too.
Here in Wisconsin, cheese is a big part of our culture. In fact, we even wear it on our heads. (Look for us “Cheeseheads” cheering in the stadiums during football season!)
Crystal Farms is nestled in the heart of America’s Dairyland, calling Lake Mills, Wisconsin, home for the past 25 years. Today, the Crystal Farms brand is one of the largest cheese brands in the country, but the hard-working people of this small city (population only 5,708) are devoted to delivering consistent quality and great-tasting products for what they love—cheese. Crystal Farms cheese products are: natural with few preservatives, a rich source of calcium, gluten-free, and lactose tolerant.
But what I love most about Crystal Farms is their…
Small town roots. Big time quality.
Read their full story here.
A big THANK YOU to Crystal Farms for hosting a brunch-inspired giveaway… Imagine a slow morning sipping on fresh coffee from your brand-new French Press in a colorful Le Creuset stoneware mug. Enter for a chance to win below!
And speaking of enjoying a slow morning…
Here’s the collection of make-ahead brunch recipes I promised earlier. Be sure to pin this 30+ brunch recipes post for later, so you’ll have this list of ideas handy.
20 Make-Ahead Brunch Recipes
- Original Overnight French Toast
- Make-Ahead Crustless Quiche Lorraine — Loaded with bacon, and eggs, and Swiss cheese… Oh my!
- Overnight Ham-&-Cheese French Toast
- Secret Make-Ahead Fruit Salad
- Overnight Apple-Pie French Toast Casserole
- Pre-made Cheesy Hashbrowns — Be sure to add the crunchy topping the day-of.
- Overnight Sugar-Crusted French Toast Casserole
- Fresh Fruit & Cream Cheese Bars
- Make-Ahead Mixed-Berry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Overnight Cinnamon Monkey Bread — My kids love this gooey brunch treat.
- Slow-Cooker Hash Brown, Egg, & Sausage Casserole
- No-Bake Butterfinger Pie
- Ham-&-Cheese Overnight Breakfast Lasagna Recipe
- Make-Ahead Parkerhouse Rolls
- Amazing Slow-Cooker Beef Stew Recipe —This is one of our family favorites.
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Make-Ahead Blueberry Scones
- Pumpkin & Carrot Cake Bars
- Make-Ahead Cheesy Tater Tot Brunch Bake
10 Day-Of Brunch Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Parmesan Cups
- Cheesy Breakfast Braid with Ham & Eggs
- Giant Dutch Baby with Fresh Berries (video)
- The Best Crepes Recipe EVER — This recipe is perfect for Easter and Christmas pancake art.
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
- Cheesy Grilled Skillet Potatoes with Bacon
- Sausage, Kale, & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Make-Ahead Mini-Frittata Brunch Bar — Our girls love doing this!
- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Brunch Ring
- Spinach, Feta, & Artichoke Breakfast Bake
The next time our family enjoys brunch at home, I’m going to try some of these unique mimosa recipes. In my humble opinion, brunch is better with a mimosa in hand. (Wouldn’t you agree?)
If your family has any favorite brunch recipes, please share them in the comments below. We love to experiment. Be sure to also take a moment to enter Crystal Farms’ Slow-Morning Brunch Giveaway below!
Slow-Morning Brunch Giveaway
A big THANK YOU to Crystal Farms® for sponsoring today’s collection of brunch recipes and this generous giveaway. Imagine a slow morning sipping on fresh coffee from your brand-new French Press ($19.99) in a colorful set of Le Creuset stoneware mugs ($29.99). Enter for a chance to win below!
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin this recipe for later:
Pin this collection of brunch recipe ideas for later: