Thirty days of NO REPEATS. Create a lunch plan with these 30 healthy mason jar recipes.
I struggle with eating a healthy lunch. I have been buying pre-made salads from the grocery store, but I’d much rather make my own. The environmentalist in me hates wasting the plastic, even if it is recycled, and the foodie in me dislikes knowing the ingredients aren’t uber fresh. So, I am going to try making my own salad in a jar.
Below you’ll find 30 unique mason jar recipes to keep things “fresh.”
SALAD IN A JAR 101
Let’s get started:
- Start with a clean mason jar. I ordered a $10 12-pack of Ball Pint Jars on Amazon Prime this week to get started.
- You want to layer your ingredients. Start with the dressing and other wet items, such as tomatoes and cucumbers, on the bottom.
- Next, add moisture-resistant veggies, like carrots for example, on top of that.
- Last of all, top with the protein of your choice and any “dry ingredients” such as greens, pasta and any crunchies.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Then, shake, shake, shake and ENJOY.
Loved this visual explanation from Farmer’s Fridge.
Image Credit: Farmer’s Fridge
30 MASON JAR RECIPES
High Protein Salad in a Jar: Begin with the lemon-based dressing of your choice. Next throw in chickpeas, broccoli, cooked quinoa, corn, peas, currants or figs, pumpkin seeds, shredded Parmesan and spinach.
Detox Salad in a Jar : Start with the lemon-based dressing of your choice. Layer in pineapple, blueberries, cooked quinoa, fennel, sprouts and kale. *I am going to skip the cannellini beans they recommend!
Recipe & Image Credit: Farmer’s Fridge
Here are a few additional recipe resources I am going to try this month:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry-Lime Vinaigrette
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Mexican Chickpea Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing
- Bell Peppers, Veggies, and Goat Cheese
- Sunshine Salad with Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette
- Fresh Mozzarella and Spinach
- Buffalo Chicken
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Chopped Taco
- Glowing Green Mason Jar Salad
- Spring Pea with Romaine, Radish, and Feta with Buttermilk Ranch
- Zucchini Pasta Salad with Avocado Spinach Dressing
- Quinoa Salad in A Jar (4 recipes)
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Salad in a Jar
- Tortellini and Artichoke
- Chopped Black Bean and Corn
- Ranch Rotini Salad
- Taco Salad in a Jar
- Tofu Living Salad with Sesame-Lemon Dressing
- Mozzarella Tomato Pasta
- 5 Mason Jar Lunches
- Spinach Blueberry Salad
- Chopped Cobb
- 3 Mason Jar Salad Recipes
Looking for additional recipe inspiration?
Join this free group and see the latest recipe additions.
Do you have a favorite mason jar recipe? I’d love to hear about it. Let’s chat in the comments.
PS: If you live in the Chicago area, be sure to check out Farmer’s Fridge. Too cool.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”