Have you got a Harry Potter fan at your house? Our family has been reading the Sorcerer’s Stone. To celebrate reading the last chapter, we decided to have a Harry Potter party.
Below you will find the recipe for a very potent and dangerous ingredient… dragon’s blood. Obviously a potion requirement for any serious witch or wizard.
The secret ingredients are:
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Quartered Strawberries
Our little witch got right to work.
Of course, all real witches need a cat.
Dragon’s Blood Instructions:
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix strawberries into saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a bottle and refrigerate until chilled.
The set-up for our Harry Potter potions lab included:
- Fresh Lemonade—The perfect base.
- Dragon’s Blood *Of course!
- Sugar Cubes
- Freshly Cut Lemons
- Lemon Juice
We also set-up a Bloody Mary potion lab for my husband and me. Join the fun! Our experimentation ingredients included:
- Traditional Bloody Mary Mix—The perfect base.
- A1 Sauce
- Liquid Smoke
- Lemon Juice
- Soy Sauce
- Grey Poupon Mustard
- Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Below are a few fun finds from Amazon if you want to take your potions lab up a notch:
- Scientific Low Form Glass Beaker 5 Piece Set
- Erlenmeyer Flask Set – 3 Sizes – 50, 150 and 250ml
- 3-Piece Stainless Steel Funnel Set
- Harry Potter Deluxe Glasses
- Wizards Only Beyond This Point Sign Poster
- Harry Potter Hogwart’s Printed Wall Banner
If you want to be frugal, we used dish-washed flower vases and upcycled jelly and syrup jars as beakers. We searched through our dress-up bin and grabbed our sorcerer and witch costume. Of course, these things are not branded Harry Potter, but… honestly, the kids don’t care. They imagined the magical world of Harry Potter.
Our party also included chocolate pretzel wands and edible Sorcerer’s Stones. We munched as we enjoyed the last chapter of the book!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”