Oh yeah. I knew the moment I saw this recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe on Pinterest that it would be a hit at our house. However, I didn’t realize it would become a winter staple.
Below my friends, is the BEST hot chocolate recipe ever.
So creamy & rich. Seriously delicious.
My girls love to have this homemade hot cocoa ganache straight-up in milk.
I, on the other hand, have become obsessed with using them to make a … wait for it … better-than-Starbucks Mint Mocha Coffee. And oh how I do adore my Mint Mocha Coffees.
The best part? This recipe requires three simple steps!
You can thank me later,
Peppermint Mocha “Hot Cocoa” Truffles
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups of Andes Candies Baking Chips (or crushed Andes Candies)
*Reserve 1/2 cup of Andes Baking Chips for decorating
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon sugar
A dash of salt
We always sample the chocolate chips and candies to make sure they “are not poisoned.” Huh? As a young girl my father would always snag the first sip of my chocolate milk and tell me he didn’t want to do it, but he had to make sure it wasn’t poisoned. If you are afraid of instilling a quirky fear in your child about poisoned food, feel free to check the chips to make sure they are “fresh” or “ripe” instead.
1. Combine 1 1/2 cup of Andes Candies Baking Chip along with all of the ingredients in a bowl. Melt the mixture in the microwave using one minute intervals.
Here’s a little secret from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe: The trick is to stir often since the mixture will blend together even when it looks like the chocolate chips haven’t melted completely.
2. Refrigerator until the ganache mixture is firm and scoopable. This takes a few hours.
3. Take a small cookie scooper and plop a truffle into a bowl of Andes Baking Chips. Coat and firmly squeeze the candy chips into the ganache.
You can wrap the truffles individually with plastic wrap or store in a large Ziploc bag in the freezer!
To make mint hot chocolate:
- Drop one Cocoa-Mint Ganache Truffle into a mug of milk.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir well. Enjoy!
To make a better-than-Starbucks Mint Mocha Coffee:
- Drop one Cocoa-Mint Ganache into a tall coffee mug with 1/2 cup of milk. Microwave for 1 minutes.
- Fill the remainder of your mug with hot coffee. Stir well. YUM.
PS: I cannot stop saying it … Starting and ending this post with an Oh Yeah: