Love the game Wits and Wagers? Make it an awesome Christmas party game with these free printable Wits and Wagers holiday questions!
Our family absolutely loves the board game Wits and Wagers Party Edition. It is one of the most used board games we have in our game closet. We created a printable holiday edition of this classic, and we cannot wait to share it with you!
How to Play Wits and Wagers
There are many different ways to play Wits and Wager, but we think it is the most fun when you play in teams.
What we love about this family game is that kids of literally ANY AGE can play as part of a team. And truth be told, the Wits and Wager questions are so outlandish that sometimes the preschooler’s guess is as good as Grandma’s answer.
You can have up to six teams playing this game, which makes it a great Christmas party game!
It is perfect for our extended family of twelve. We usually do six groups of two. BUT you could have six groups of six and play with a huge crowd of thirty-six people and still have a blast.
This is a collection of our most recommended family board games. You can see Wits and Wagers Party right there in the middle of the stack!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Printable Christmas Game
Wits and Wagers Party Edition is a go-to default any time we get together to celebrate holidays with extended family. Last year, I decided to create a unique family Christmas game by writing custom holiday questions for the game Wits and Wagers. It was such a hoot; we wanted to share our homemade Christmas Wits and Wagers ‘Expansion Pack’ with you!
Wits and Wagers Questions For Christmas
Here are the eight Holiday Wits and Wager questions we used!
- What percentage of Christmas gifts are purchased on a credit card?
- What year was ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas published?
- What year did Christmas become a federal holiday in the US?
- What percentage of Americans put up a Christmas tree?
- How many millions of dollars did Will Ferrell turn down when asked to do a sequel to the movie Elf?
- What year was the movie Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas released?
- What percentage of holiday shopping happens online in the US?
- How many million packages does UPS ship during the holidays?
Christmas Wits and Wagers Rules
We followed the same general Wits and Wager rules as always with this fun Christmas game.
- Someone reads a Wits & Wagers game question.
- Everyone writes down their guess.
- The answers are placed face-up on the table and ordered smallest to largest.
- Players place their betting tokens on the guess they think is closest to the right answer.
- The answer is read, and players score one poker chip for a correct bet or for having the closest guess.
- On the final question, players can bet their poker chips. The player with the most poker chips after this question wins.
Family Christmas Games
We love playing fun Christmas games with our family over the holiday.
If you do too, you might also like:
- 10 Hilarious Minute-to-Win-It Family Christmas Games That’ll Have Grandma Snorting Egg Nog
- Your Christmas Shopping List: The BEST Parent-Tested Board Games for Kids of Every Age
- 5 Board Games to Buy this Christmas for Wannabe Gamer Families
We hope you have a blast with this holiday edition of Wits and Wagers.
Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas!
P.S. A quick reminder to let go of supposed-to this holiday season…
Roll the dice. Playing board games together over the holidays is an opportunity to slow down, bring your family together, and give them your presence. Ironically, the joy of Family Game Night is not found in playing the board game itself, but rather in the space between turns. It’s the conversations and the playful banter that make this family night of togetherness such a wonderful experience.