The Three Stooges is a lame TV show.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“We’re watching The Three Stooges.”
“Why? The cartoon was better,” I argued.
“Because we’re not supposed to.”
As I write this post, I cannot stop humming this classic song.
When you’re using screens, think forward about all the ways you are setting examples for your kids:
- Do you check text messages at stoplights?
- Do you look at Facebook while the grocer packs your items (instead of interacting with him)?
- Do you leave the dinner table when you hear that ping to check a text message?
- Do you play on your laptop or tablet while you talk to your spouse at night?
. . .
OurPact empowers parents to guide their children through the balanced use of technology.
Here’s how the Apple Store describes the app:
OurPact gives parents the power to:
- Block children’s Internet and Apps across all synced desktops, as well as Apple and Android devices
- Schedule Internet and App use according to your child’s daily weekday and weekend routines
- Set a limit to the number of hours your children spend on the Internet and within Apps
- Block Internet at-a-touch or allow additional access, whenever you feel your child “needs more time”
- Block all apps (eg. Facebook, SnapChat, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), as you see fit.
As we discuss this topic, I can’t help but think of this quote…
P.S. Responsibility can be taught through technology. OurPact allows parents and children to use the world of mobile to strengthen their relationships through open communication. We are excited to be part of this OurPact giveaway. Wishing you luck!
OurPact iPad Air2 Giveaway
You Might Also Like
Share on Facebook: