INSIDE: Ten easy chalk art ideas for children — Take sidewalk play to the next level with these simple kids’ activities, projects, and stencil printables.
It started out sweet and innocent. The girls have all sorts of playful chalk art ideas. They discovered that if you get your hands wet and rub them into chalk drawings on the sidewalk that you can use your messy hands to make colorful chalk handprints.
I went into the house and they continued to brainstorm more chalk art ideas. The next time I returned to outside I found two little blue aliens.
My first instinct? To yell.
Luckily, my second instinct — what was to laugh — took over.
I asked myself these simple questions from A Lifetime of Yes Moments:
- Will saying “yes” to this situation hurt or bother anyone? No!
- Can the child learn anything from the situation?
Yes, what a great science experiment!
- Does it really (really) matter one way or another? Nope!
Kids + (Chalk + Water) = Fun
I got my camera and asked the girls to give you a few “crazy poses.”
10 Chalk Art Ideas For Kids
Below are ten more easy chalk art ideas. Take sidewalk play to the next level with these simple kids’ activities, projects, and printables. Here are a few ideas from some of my favorite family bloggers!
- Kids’ rainbow shadow chalk art stem activity
- Create a GIANT chalk art town for hours of play
- Make unbelievably beautiful Van Gogh art using chalk
- Send the kids on a chalk art treasure hunt with these tips
- Play an Angry Birds inspired water balloon game with chalk targets
- Make a DIY rainbow chalk rake with the kids
- Create a simple nature color match game with chalk
- Print a Chalk Star Stencils and line the sidewalk
- Watch neighbors attempt this crazy sidewalk hopscotch
- Make a beautiful chalk art cement mosaic using masking tape
Love this collection of easy chalk art ideas for kids? Sharing it would make our week. 💛