Best-Ever Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Author: Zina Harrington
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs stew meat
- ¼ cup water
- 1-oz packet dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1-oz packet dry au jus mix
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 green pepper
- 1 24oz bag of Reames® Frozen Homestyle Egg Noodles
- Heat 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Sear the stew meat for a nice, brown color.
- Add ¼ cup of water into the slow cooker, then place the seared stew meat on top.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning mix and the au jus mix on top, then place 1 stick of butter and the green pepper slices on top of the stew meat.
- Cook on low for 6–8 hours.
- Serve with gravy and egg noodles.
Recipe by Lasso the Moon at http://letslassothemoon.com/2016/12/22/slow-cooker-beef-stew-recipe/