My name is Zina Harrington and I am the founder and primary author of Let’s Lasso the Moon. If forced to summarize myself, I’d have to borrow the words of Albert Einstein:
I have no special talents.
I am only passionately curious.
My two daughters Quinn & Rose (7 & 6) keep me on my toes, passionate about life and inspired. I started this blogging adventure in August of 2011 after reading The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World.
My goal is to bring together modern families searching for balance in our chaotic world. I’d like to try and help parents by sharing simple activities that elevate everyday moments into family traditions and memorable adventures.
Twenty random facts about me:
- I do not wear a leather bra. If you make a Xena the Warrior Princess joke upon our introduction, I promise to still be polite and smile.
- I am a tree hugger. My entire childhood I camped for a full week each month of the summer with my family.
- I love, love, love the podcast Radio Lab. Love it.
- I live at the base of a small mountain which I adore. We are 5 minutes away from a beautiful state park, but also 5 minutes from a Starbucks and Old Navy.
- I love a well-made dessert or pastry.
- I drink red wine to increase my good cholesterol.
- My husband Shad and I camped in Zion National Park on our honeymoon after our reservations at Glacier were canceled because of intense forest fires.
- My family has a great deal of pride in our German heritage. My father came to America with my grandparents when he was 12 years old.
- Despite being a default helicopter parent I am a firm believer in saying “yes” and using the Love & Logic parenting approach.
- Love this quote, “The song is playing all around us all the time, the song is playing everywhere, it’s written on our hearts, and everybody is playing the song. See, the question isn’t whether or not your playing a song, the question is, ‘Are you in tune?’”
- To deal with my Starbucks addiction I add Archer Farm’s Natural Mint Hot Cocoa to my coffee at home.
- I have three brothers and grew up in a very loud family.
- I am proud to be a Melissa & Doug Blog Ambassador.
- I began taking piano lessons at the ripe old age of thirty-five. The first few lessons smoke came out of my ears because my brain was being stretched in new ways.
- During the holidays I put antlers and a giant red nose on my compact car.
- One of my 2013 goals is to master using a DSLR Camera.
- I have 300,000+ Pinterest followers because when I had 3K I thought to myself, “I’d like to share this lime light with fellow bloggers.”
- I am a Montessori fanatic.
- My cheeks turn red when I find out local people I know have been reading Let’s Lasso the Moon.
- I’ve played Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy about 184 times on the piano now. I love it more every time I play it. I just ordered sheet music for a more advanced version of the tune. You might know the song from Oceans 11.
We’d love to hear your feedback or questions. Let’s chat in the comments below.