These sponsored travel tips are brought to you by the family-friendly HP Pavilion x360.
. . .
The kids are counting down the days of school left in the year. The days are growing longer. The flowers are blooming and the summer solstice is around the corner. What does summer mean to you? For our family it means… ROAD TRIP! Embrace the power of technology when you’re traveling.
Whether your taking a long weekend, a local trip, or heading off on a full fledged family adventure, allowing some screen time on the drive can help you kick-off your vacation on the right foot. To be honest with you, this is the opportunity I see…
Great Movie + Headphones = Relaxing Front Seat Coffee Date for Mom & Dad
Quick tip: Do you have ONE computer, but multiple kids?
We love this headphone splitter. I am telling you, $2 can buy happiness.
10 Movies for On-the-Go Entertainment
Here are the flicks moms say MESMERIZE their little ones.
Keep them entertained and happy as clams with:
- Despicable Me
- The Little Mermaid
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- The Goonies
- Finding Nemo
- Peter Pan *2003 version with real kids
- The Princess Bride
What would YOU add to this list?
Let me know on Facebook:
Here are a few of our family’s favorite educational picks:
- Bob the Builder: On Site Documentaries
- The Magic School Bus
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- The Life of Birds
- Life In the Undergrowth *Although FYI: You might consider skipping disc four!
Love the list? Pin it:
If you start to feel guilty about your little couch potato in the back seat. Keep this quote in mind:
“The greatest gift you can ever give another person is your own happiness.”
― Esther Hicks
Don’t be afraid to plug-in to a bit of technology on long trips. It will keep your little ones entertained and you sane. You’ll both be “Happy Campers” when you arrive at your vacation destination.
NOW! [claps hands] Let’s talk about this AWESOME Spring into Summer Travel giveaway…
Spring into Summer 2015 Travel Giveaway
Guess what I have for you!?!?! Let’s kick-off YOUR summer on the right foot! Below is an opportunity for your family to win an HP Pavilion x360 and an HP ENVY 5530e-All-in-One printer. Let me tell you why you should be doing a little Irish jig right now.
You’ll adore the HP Pavilion x360 because it is a “convertible hybrid with a 360-degree hinge.” In other words, it is a laptop with keyboard or a flat touch screen when you want it to be … OR my girls discovered, it can be something in the middle. Which means…
- When your kids want to watch a movie, fold it and watch the flick without the keyboard in the way – it’s perfect on-the-go entertainment.
- When your kids want to play a touch based game, they can turn it to “tent mode” – it’s a game screen.
- When you want to relax and read a book – it’s a tablet (the keyboard is disabled when it is in tablet mode, which is nice).
- If you need to get some work done on the road – answer email, write a paper, share docs – it’s a notebook.
A little bit about the HP ENVY 5530e-All-in-One printer…
“The HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One offers consumers easy, affordable and convenient printing options from mobile and web. The HP ENVY 5530 is a home-use printer built for creative hobbies such as scrapbooking and arts and crafts projects. The unit is also great for families with its ability to print lab-quality photos. The ENVY 5530 offer Instant Ink subscriptions, a new ink delivery service from HP, making it simple for any home user to resupply their printer.”
The printer also works with the new HP Instant Ink program: “This is an innovative ink delivery program designed to save customers up to 50 percent on the cost of Original HP ink while ensuring that they never run out of ink when they need it.
Subscribers are not charged by ink usage, but instead by the number of pages printed, meaning regardless of what’s being printed – black and white or color documents and high quality photos – it’s going to cost the same.”
What I dig?
- This e-all-in-one produces borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp everyday documents—from wherever creativity strikes. Print from your smartphone, tablet … in other words, on the road.
- What this means to me?!? Easy access to beautiful vacation photos at the tips of my fingers. I love switching up our Change of Art family gallery. This makes it even easier!
- It prints wirelessly. *Honestly, I am so sick of all the cords around my desk. I love wireless options.
SO. Friends! It’s time to get down to the nitty gritty. Here are the different ways you can enter to win…
This a celebration of SUMMER. So the giveaway starts TODAY (over Memorial Day Weekend) and a random winner will be picked Summer Solstice (June 21, 2004). You must be a US resident to qualify. *Sorry international friends!!!
Wishing you luck,
P.S. Find more great tips on my Traveling Mama Pinterest board!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” I wrote this review while participating in a program on behalf of HP and received an HP PC, an HP printer, an Instant Ink starter kit, a Snapfish gift card and other items as part of my participation.